Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dance - with aida

270909

Aida again :)
at the club again :)
BUT at this cozy yoga spot where its really great. the jungle sounds are there, and the sea and the wind. great for a performance. hehe

Aida's cutie son was a bit restless so we decided not to work on things that needed her full attention. So i chose to work on the floaty bit which actually required ME to feel in the moment and to internalise everything and translate that into movement.

Sometimes I feel like I WANT to do it right. feel it. but I still can't hear my body. Can't feel where to go. and how to do it. No creative juices. Then Aida catches a glimpse of me and suggests I make my hands a little wavy-er and left myself balance on one leg alone, increases the look of floating she says. I do it and nail it! somewhat. haha. technique is just to lift up. as my ballet used to do. lift and slowly draw a line from the bottom of ur toes to the top of ur head. and slowly tip over and let one leg fly off the ground. tadaa. floaty ocean feeling.

you can do it too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment