Saturday, October 3, 2009

Chinese beading - after not coming for so long :P

011009

I skipped chinese beading for 3 weeks! :O EE deadlines, IA's and drama. It was too much. But today I was really determined to go! and so i did. :)

Today it was quite odd, and I was just wondering how a CHINESE beading class would have nothing to do with global values (as everyone else debated) Ms. Fay, our beading teacher suddenly said that, O in the olden days, if girls didn't know how to sew then they would never get married. But now, sewing is nothing. the culture is changing! and hence! I found it! i'm trying to preserve culture, MY CHINESE CULTURE. and that just renews my energy to learn more and more beading :).

I know I skipped for 3 weeks and this got the teacher abit annoyed and she just didn't give me attention at all. Just showed me a pattern, gave instructions and left me. :( She wasn't like that to the other kids but oh well, I gotta learn independence yea? but in the end i learned this really cool pattern! and i loved it! gonna use it as soon as i graduate! YIPPE!


No comments:

Post a Comment