Thursday, October 29, 2009

Dance - at USM

131009

Today is our first day at USM. Kat picked me up and we settle into panggung sasaran, where my REAL performance area is.

First we determined my performance space, put chairs to determine my boundary (will bring in duct tape next time) walked through a full run to determine where to place the audience. Last tuesday we experimented on positions and we decided the ending bit to be in the left top corner of my performance space. And another round of experimenting, we changed the ending completely. This time, yes i do the "ritual" the ear thing again and again, and then after a while go into the 7 points, that somehow progresses to become more aggitated as I realise my 'ritual' really does not cleanse me at all, and I'm fighting my way through trying to sanctify myself by the scrubbing and I breakout with a loud STOMP. something so heavy and grounded and impactful that people realise that my confidence in myself has grown, and I grow more to a point where i find peace. and its drawing me higher and higher, my hands lead me to this place, my body rises and I transcend. the lights dim. IT IS AWESOME.

We get so into it that we LITERALLY lose track of time. I get home around 11pm with an exhausted satisfied body. I feel the transcendence of my piece. and it is gratifying :)

No comments:

Post a Comment