Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dance - seeing the other choreographer

041009

We met at 1pm at Cleo's place. I come in and Kat tells me that Kent and his 2 dancers and 1 vocalist is going to come at slightly before 2pm. my heart drops. so fast? We just changed the sequence and i'm about to show it to someone already? Nvm, in my head I know I can do it, although it might be hard.

I tell Kat that i'm more comfortable doing the sudden gasps after my head roll and plus it looks better. She looks at me do it and fair enough :) she accepts. The wonderful cooperation between us both. healthy teacher student reputation. Then so we rearrange it all, the gasps after that and a sudden stretch to go into froggy bit and naturally, the struggle comes anyway. The rest stays the same.

Now for the ending, we desperate try to find an ending for me, and I tell her that I love the balancing bit before my flip and so we settle flipping once more after my sequence into a holler, another flip that goes into my balancing bit for that as an ending. As soon as I finish one full run, Kent appears and after him trail im 2 dancers and vocalist. I'm nervous, but the movements and how I am going to present it forces the evil emotion out of my mind, the 90 degrees angle on my heel and the ocean feeling.

I perform it O_O

Feedback - it was hurting! >_< too much hitting in the floaty bit. The song sounds religious. Could only hear one word in my line. High energy piece. Should tone down abit. Not convinced of the ocean bit.


looks like we have work to do.
After that I watched Kent's piece and......here's my view on it.

Its creepy. The dancers hair was waving down. ghastly. although the title was life and death i saw more death, drugs and tobacco. Apparently the part I thought was a happy part was when she was high on drugs. the blocking was good. Good timing as both dancers had to at some point be in sync. BUT they interpreted all the movements differently which gave it a non synchronised feel.

As me and Kat gave feedback, Aida was furiously writing down notes. AFTER THAT. she blasted with her interpretations and wow. insightful. I leave but before I go, Kat gives me a tape recorder to record "mindless chatter" haha. Careful classmates! U might go into my dance piece!

cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment