Monday, October 12, 2009

Dance - Back at square one

111009

Today Kat brings in the music that she first created with Yasu. :) and honestly, its nothing like what I expected! haha! The most thing that annoyed me was how loud the HINDI music was! hahaha yes. it was the ending and I felt like leaping to my feet, shaking my feet, hips, and neck like a Bollywood dancer. Kat said that what I taped for her was abit not like what she wanted and so she didn't bother listening to those beautiful random bits of conversation I caught in math class. oh well. she said she liked rosy's "I would like to have silence here please" haha. So, whilst she was waiting for the morning azan prayer, she caught this awesome game show thing, lame but so amusing! its like standing on a platform between two pools of water and trying to arrange their bodies to fit a "wall" which was coming at them with body positions that were really really awkward. haha. so lame but i laughed alot.

well anyway, after hearing it, we tried to arrange a last bit. and because the "prayer ritual" was supposed to be most prominent, we used Afhan's hand behind the ear motion as a guide. Today was a FULL DAY of EXPERIMENTATION. we had no clue where to start it. how the journey of the prayer would progress, where it would lead to and why it would end the way it is. But as we were doing the "ritual" it DID develop. Because somehow, rituals always end facing down towards the floor, and the 7 points of the prayer, we found it essential for me to drop to the floor. the 7points being the toes on 2. knees on 4. hands on 6 and forehead on 7. we spent so long just experimenting this. what happens, how does the body respond to this action and so forth. In the end, it evolved to a process of cleasing, and rituals always signifies. from splashing water onto face to literally scrubbing the "dirt" of the hands, legs and face. then somehow the hitting hand impulses would come and wow, Kat got this great inspiration! stomping. I like it. But I couldn't get the sound that she got with her feet. amazing. she did indian dance before! hah! not fault on my part :P So we ended up getting this feeling of release from the stomping, I fling my arms as if splashing in a pool of water, but it is a joyful event. something which I don't think i portray much in but, give it a try. NOPE. i do it wrong. but then I am determined to know how!!! i've come all this way to give up on a good ending? NO WAY. I ask kat how and what is her feeling? I forgot what exercise she gave me, but it was one that we had done previously. and I managed to understand her. I try it and she decides. ok....why don't you just continue in that movement, stomping around, looking happy. while i dim down the lights and the music and blackness on stage and its the end :D

i like it.
i'm so happy I managed to capture the stompy feeling she wanted :D

No comments:

Post a Comment