Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dance - kat's back

290909

Kat came back today and its a thursday so we're back at the swimming club. This is the first time I'm seeing her and I'm excited to see what England has done to her. hehe. TURNS OUT. ENGLAND HAS CHANGED HER THOROUGHLY. we changed the whole sequence.

wow.

Partly because Aida kept questioning the reason behind each move of mine that we decide to re-evaluate the whole structure of the dance. After much discussion, here's what it is like.

My starting is still the same, but after the starting I go into my froggy bit, transistion by falling during the light on my elbows and shoulder and struggle starts there. Midway froggy bit the sudden gasp for air is inserted and my pivot down to the ground, bellowing to the middle of the earth. This whole process illustrates my first discovery of ENERGY boilign within me, I try to get it to lift me off but fail and find this energy trapped between the ground and my midsection. After a while, frustration pushes me into a sudden burst of energy and I twirled up but it pulls me down and anger calls out my voice and I'm hollering to the centre of the earth to bring back that energy. It doesn't return and I retaliate by struggling. I push and pull, hop and twirl but again, energy pushes me off the floor and flings me back. I do the windmill flips countless times until I reach the middle of my performance space and I am suspended in a perfect balance of my ocean. My ocean bit begins and words of my lines are spurted out of me. This escalates to go into my sequence and it ends awkwardly by the side with me in my dead ballerina hang.

Time runs out.

we have to stop.

this time the dance seems so much more tiring. My stamina needs to be built MY STAMINA NEEDS TO BE BUILT. argh

Sunday we're showcasing what we have to the other choreographer :)
He and his dancers will get to see my work and I will see his.
*gulp* a bundle of nerves

No comments:

Post a Comment