Thursday, October 29, 2009

Dance - Performance #1

221009

Its satisfying to know that you only have to do the run once. arrived almost 6. warmed up, run through the ending bit. go in to work on lighting, positions with the light. realise that Kat is more organised than Kent who didn't book panggung sasaran before that to work in the space with his dancers haha. people come in. Aida explains the program. Kat talks about the piece. I do the run and I AM ENERGIZED.

I feel like...ok....it isn't such a good run that I did. And Kat says I could have dragged out the ending a little bit more. But. its done. I did the best I could, GRATIFYING.

Overall, it was ok. phew. tough work but, its nice to hear people reflect. One feedback I liked was this guy ken who thought that I could look more distorted in the beginning, like literally SPLAT on the floor. makes you wonder how much you could have ventured into a limp beginning eh? then that could change my initial movements as well. WELL, as i said, "work-in-progress" ;)

Another thing I liked was, how, this one lecturer asked me to explain the sounds that came out of my body. Like what was it for? I literally pointed out my whole journey of the dance and BAM the recognition displayed on her face was priceless! like itty bitty pieces coming together :)





No comments:

Post a Comment