Sunday, October 11, 2009

dance - after the changes

081009

I was excited today to see what would happen to my piece since Kent suggested that she "tone down" my piece. too much of self hurting and pain. :) am I going to rest more? haha. turns out NO. *sigh*

we did a lot of stuff, since the feedback of last sunday. first was the idea of positioning, staging, or blocking, whatever you call it. Now here's the new plan.
Aida thought watching my first part from the side to be better, so now, we have a thing called the "fake audience" and the "real audience" the fake being the initial one and the real the position of the audience on the real day.

So we start from the same corner, but switch the audience. I start out at the same part, but as I do my froggy bit I travel diagonally to the end, encountering a "brick wall" and fighting against that, I push and push till it propels we to the same end as my beginning position, i flip flip flip and turn to face the real audience as I do the floaty bit. Now here's the confusing part. I have to face my real audience for my first sequence, but for the 2ns time, I have to face my fake audience. Hard to get my bearings when I'm exhausted and dizzy? I know. haha this is all structured so I can end at the same position I started and....... we didn't have time to complete the ending....will do that this sunday :)

TODAY I ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISHED SOMETHING.
the floaty bit. before that, kat told me her inspirations on legalism and stuff. and somehow, it touched me. and then as we did the floaty bit I felt comfortable. i felt it! and it connected. something in my soul and body connected and what I wanted was shown through my body. Here's something that we set though. I need to at one point get the hand up movement, go into backwards scurrey, use triceps to block face, remember interaction of hands with body, freeze and release. Next I need to pick up the pace, get the 2/3 rhythms, and from a fast beat move into 2nd backward scurrey, however, with shadows of the initial relaxed phase. Then everything just picks up from there, spins and flips and arms flying in the air BOOM. stutters of words pop out of my mouth. and this is hard to describe so I won't. that basically ended it. :)

change has come

No comments:

Post a Comment