Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dance - before kat leaves

080909

Kat is going to england so today, her last day with me before she gets back she lets aida to see me and if possible have classes with aida during her leave.

So I warm up, get into my mode and I do it once through with aida watching. Its interesting, the feeling of dancing when you know someone is watching you, assessing you. its just different. I just felt like the pressure was on.

So after doing it once through i finally heard what others thought about this little piece of dance. and she actually interpreted it quite accurately, the use of sound, the release of the body, the force pushing and pulling. and even my unconvincing floaty part. hahhhahhaha. and one thing she didn't understand, she didn't get the "flip back" at the end. But honestly, I loved it. She felt like, after the struggle, I should TRANSCEND up into the air and end my piece there, but instead I only returned to my original position. Something even Kat never considered as well. Seems like, there is more to dance then just how good something looks. everything has to have meaning, and honestly, what I feel about kat's choreography is GENUINE and HONESTY. all she wants me to do is move the way my body is telling me to. according to the impulses, and to her, that is the most beautiful form of dance, when the body is feeling the movement through and through. As she showed me this, my floaty bit suddenly became genuine and i worked it! But isn't it sad? I cant get it right every time..... :P

sorry kat. hehe. i'm not a dancer. just a retired one ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment