Saturday, May 2, 2009

UES - first time back from hols

290409

WHEEEEEE. first time I'M back for UES. Was feeling reallly reallly sick today because of Aussie Rules. MAN, it was so hot out there today. anyway, went in and Mr. Weatherly did a little presentation that really hit a sensitive spot.I wish i taped it.

Mr. Weatherly actually admitted that adults do not take the initiative to save the environment and i think this was his way of repentance for nt doing it. Well, after watching that video, I realised, yes, our environment is deteriorating VERY rapidly. Even the movie "an inconveniet truth" made like AGES ago showed devastating results and we're already in the year 2009. think of how much worse it could be now. I am suddenly inspired to save the environment :)

The video was about this little girl that earned enough money with the help of her group of friends to speak on a platform where she would be noticed and her tiny voice would be heard. It was touching and I could actually feel the tears squeezing out of everyone's eyes. I was moved to be more environmental.

Another thing. Environmental week was canceled. why? cooperation. proactive. innovation. WE ARE LACKING. partly because I had not much interest in it i agree, but now its different. i want to contribute to the environment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment