Monday, May 4, 2009

Tutoring - first time

020509

I have been arranging to tutor my neighbour, Joshua in Add Maths for some time now, well, partly because his dad wanted it so much as well :) hehe. So FINALLY, I got around to tutor him. On a bright sunday morning, 1030am - 1130am I FEEL LIKE I ACCOMPLISHED SOMETHING! We worked on indices and logarithims.

At first I was unsure of how to conduct tuition as i have never done this before, but my quick mind trained through drama gave me a great idea! and I made a set of rules for him. 11 basic MAIN rules that were to be memorized and learned by heart and loads of past years.

I let him try a few easy ones as warm ups and went on to tougher ones that required more BRAIN POWER. Its a lucky thing i'm surprisingly patient with friends that i don't get annoyed at the pace josh-y boy was going. But he got it, i could tell :) The hard questions I let him do a few under my supervision while the rest I let him do on his own. I admit, at some point I was a little annoyed at how much joshua got distracted by the waterfall in my garden but after alot of breathing and counting to 200, I understood that it was quite early in the morning, and that he needed some interesting things to wake up his brain, and so me being me, I "hyper-ed" myself up to get him to concentrate.

After an hour of work, or while he was working, I think i become more systematic! haha! I made him a homework list :) short and sweet
I've never done a homework list beforeeee FOR MYSELF, and i'm doing one for him? WOW

so here joshua. Just incase you lose that precious list of homework....

HUI ERN'S HOMEWORK LIST FOR YOU
1. Memorize HuiErn's 11 Rules
2. Do all Ex 5.1
3. Finish Ex 5.2
4. Fihish Ex 5.3
5. PREPARE FOR HARD SPM QUESTIONS THIS THURS

HAHAHAHAHHA. I'm going to set hard questions for youuu....and get all the hard questions for you....just you wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment