Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dance - she's back

090898

Missed one week of dancing with Katharine. she went holidaying with her hubby :)

Ok. so sunday comes and its awfully tiring again. I RUSH to class because ppl make it hard to be punctual to find her there already....ALL SWEATY. sorry I'm a little late, its 4.40pm thinking I was only 10 minutes late. turns out i was 40 minutes late. o_O but she wrote 4.30pm on the calendar thing. isn't my fault. My lucky she isn't the kind to throw tantrums. So I'm still feeling a little sick from my one week H1N1 scare but I dance. After warm ups the little movement we put together from the week before she left was still in my mind. me curling up in the corner, leg to the side, neck bent over to feel that stretch, arms sprawled in a lifeless tangle. elbows up, head roll, lift body, gasp for breath, slowly sink down, sudden alertness, scramble on all fours, bump into Afhan, flip, float & impulse, do it again.

It was clear.

Then we changed it. haha. its not something bad. :) change is always good. makes the dance new and exciting.

So now after the change I add new breaths. after my gasps, i breathe out, finding new life in my newly found excess to air and energy. *breath out* wow, this is nice, I want more. So I have a sequence of 4 or 5 inhalations that bring me to my position at backstage right where I have a sinkingly comfortable happy squat.

People would love to see this I know.

after about 2 hours of experimenting, she invites me to do the whole thing from the top. I still can't find my "breath" or my center that holds the body together or the connection between my body and the ground. OK. LETS DO THIS.

I actually love the front part. playing with my hands? its awesome, its like idle-childlikeness that you don't get to experience much. anyway, after that, my hand-playing shifts from one hand to the other and frantically both hands a searching the ground for answers. Then the realization hits. I can move my elbows, and it is this that props my body up. it pulls and my head pops up, ahhhhhhhh stretch. and my head does an awesome roll. all the way, pull every muscle, stretch every ligament, my head can't go anymore and now it leads me upwards. my body lifts and i feel my body quivering. whooboy. how to do the sudden gasps? well, lets go for it. its fails and i know, but that doesn't mean I stop, I sigh, body filled with all now collapses in a float. next breath, this one with the hand pulling downwards, the next with my leg up to make a variation in positions, a small teeny breath to experiment, a BIG whirlwind that plunges down into a guttural below into the center of the earth, a sudden pulling upwards, slowly sinking down, the anticlimax, where I finally stop playing around with getting my breath, but just letting it in my body, I float, up down, up down. and a happy sigh, I'm in my squatting position.

END.

we talk and assess it.

NEED TO IMPROVE ON
1.Tiptoe styles - I always go up, and its always the same position. try to bend, or do ballet like legs clamped together.
2. Head pop - Not so sudden, open eyes, expressionless, keep body low.
3. Breaths - 1st one be dramatic but not the rest. COMPLETE THE CYCLES.
4. no wobbling. get to a position and stay there.
5. keep the body low.

my body aches. OUCH

No comments:

Post a Comment