Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dance - we did 12

100809

Today I warm up at church, where robert and ronald are playing ball. they jump, i jump. they teach me how to fight and run around. robert is so cute, and ronald is just strong. OH WELL. i stretch and walk over to the yoga studio

I want to work on making my first part perfect! but katharine walks in 5 minutes after i arrive. SIGH. she comes in and she says she wants the beginning position to look more distorted. but in the end, my right leg really has no where else to go. so it stays. after awhile, she asks me the oddest question. "in that position there (squatting) what do u feel like doing?"

what do i feel like doing?
just staying there. i'm a little lazy.

"after awhile I feel like humming, and singing"

wow. why didn't i think of that?

that was pretty smart and so after lolling around with my hands heavy and resting on the floor moving around in figure 8's i start to hum and sing, a folk-ish fairy tale like song. She asks me to change my rhythm. I do a little twitch.we play with levels, turning around, wanting to go up but gravity pulling us down, body getting parallel to the ground in something that looks like a froggy position, and i realise, look, when i'm singing, with my face close to the ground, my voice is louder. I want to hear it louder it echoes and the feeling is good :)

soon, i will be like, my voice is going into the ground. can i go too?
i fly with only my hands supporting my body and the figure 8 on a loop. soon i get frustrated and tired. And it actually is pretty tiring so there's no need for fake emotion, and i start fighting my far, digging my feet into the ground, the ball of my foot peeling and rubbing against the floor. I still can't get into it. and then my hands can't take it, its arches and pushes me straight up and i'm stiff.

Then here comes the interesting part. my hands creep into a ballerina tiptoed pose and my full weight is supported by just that. my weight pushes on my fingers and my right hand is drawn away, i tiptoe, tipping over, my weight is going, its stretching, and BOOM, i flip 180 degrees bounce off my knees and fly to the other corner of the room.

and that ends it. 12 minutes into the dance and we're only half done. nice job

assessment again

NEED TO WORK ON
1. maybe we'll just go striaght from head pop to gasping. more DRAMA
2. the inhalations still need to be complete, let it settle.
3. vary the hands. they all look so dramatic.
4. get more into the circular motion.
5. get more tired and frustrated.
6. more sudden-ness during flip.

TADAA. the body will surely ache for tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment