Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dance - Afhan is a-missing

180809

Afhan is busy setting up the sound system for the Prime Minister for the bi-elections goin on. good luck Afhan!

Today was an interesting day. We work on my little "prayer" bit.

We modify it and its getting to be actually really cool.

here it is in short. I use that impulse feeling to hit my left arm and let it fly up, hit again but this time my left leg comes up as my right arm is extended out. The leg pushes down for me to twirl with my right leg flung behind and at the end of the twirl I catch my leg and fall. After the fall, I pick myself up with what looks like a break-dance move and twirl around like a dead ballerina on a pole, arms drop limp and a fast flip to the back.

I do it. and i do it wrong. but then again, practice makes perfect.

1st thing, the twirl is wrong. I do it and suddenly out of nowhere, i seem to get it. my leg does a full turn before suddenly my body twists and grabs my leg. O. its just like ballet, it looks like one things, but doing it is another. I master! wheeeeeeeeeee. next, I gotta really GRAB my leg, my arms which are flung up need to be sudden. from up to grabbing leg. no slowly floating down to get my leg. SUDDEN. my landing. ha ha ha ha. I'd like to say that I listen to my body, and when gravity pulls it down. don't i follow? well, yes. I do. the problem is, my arms are still grabbing onto my legs. so what do i do? I fall flat on my face and now my lip is bleeding. *sigh* the blood shed for this dance. haha. next, the lift used to carry out the break-dance move i need to work on. definitely. and the ballerina twirl? all i need to do is pull up at the center. And after noticing how easy it is to do if i just work on it a little, it happens. again the flip needs to be sudden and the arms straight.

We do a total run thru from the beginning and we call it a day. :)

I tell you. practice makes perfect

ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment