Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dance - Afhan making music for Prime minister

160809

Back again to dancing :)

Katharine announces that she made alot of changes to our fixed routine.
my answer was : Thats ok :) keeps it fresh

AND TRUST ME. IT DOES :)

So today we do many sun salutations and according to Katharine, doing it 13 times every morning makes you focused and flexible. HAH! gotta try that and see aite?

So after that, she tried to get me to find myself in the way I move. Pretty easy to say and hard to do i tell you....

So here's what we did. She asked me to stand still and close my eyes. "Be very aware of ur feet" ok, so I move my feet and my feet alone, toes, ankle, heel, everything.
"Move the motion up to ur knees" I follow. "Now to ur hips" hips. got it. "Now ur pelvic area" I'm moving to her funky thai music and then she says "Try experimenting with dimensions and heights"

DIMENSIONS AND HEIGHTS. yup. ok. i try my best. honestly. but looks like i didn't get it.Her meaning of dimensions is literally flinging ur legs high into the air, letting it wander around, y can't my legs go here? or here? what if they go backwards? and there u go, out comes a somersault. It flipping and the way she does it is amazing. I just didn't get it. O WELL.

She said, ok. Lets play a game. You know that game where your partner puts a palm to ur face and you have to follow it? Yea we did that, and I rolled around in many ways possible, frantically following her hand. She did it again with my knee.

RESULTS:
I always get into positions that are within my comfort zone

IMPROVEMENTS:
don't be afraid to explore positions like resting on ur elbows, ur neck etc.

Ok. I get it. and I told her this before, I don't listen to my body well, you have to show me what I can do before I can do it. hehe

Next we lean on each other and she says : whenever I push you, follow the direction in which you feel the movement is leading you to.
To me, that means just relax and let me push you around. But instead it actually is the feeling of floating but receiving mini impulses here are there.

We lean on each other, an invisible force causing ur to be stuck together like magnets but each time in different parts and we push, I bounce off her and she does too. We get into the most awkward positions! but then again, that is contemporary dance.

Next and last activity. we stand diagonally opposite each other. She is one corner and me in the other. She asks we to do a movement that is sort of a "response" to hers. I think in the end i misinterpreted what she wanted but in the end it worked well. hehe. We jumped around in that line, maintaining that diagonal axis and moved to her funky beats again. It was fun because it was like taking her ideas and making it my own. She jumps up, I jump up in my way. she claps, i do it too. It was fun. But thn it was my turn. O_O alone? *gulp* She asked me : lets hear that CD i asked you to bring.

Oh right. she asked me to bring along with me the kind of music I listen to. All pop btw. hehe

In the end, i freestyled diagonally to Coldplay- viva la vida.

She said she saw something in me that made her think I would do the "breaths" again. I was getting it? yippee!!

We worked abit on the floating in the ocean bit and did some warm down exercises. :)

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment