Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Art Attack

200109

I like the date today, seems like I'm actually writing the year in the beginning. haha. Anyway, Highlights of the day was the ECA after school.....ART ATTACK! I have to admit, I was kinda nervous in the beginning, cause I didn't know what to expect from the activity and.....i'm a little scared of kids because of my history of bad experiences.how to handle hyperactive children?! argh >_< but actually...what do we do? Are we supposed to be good in art? Are the kids annoying? hehe. Is it going to be easy? Do we just STAND there and wait for the kids to mess up?

As you can see, many questions running through my mind. BUT, I manage to remain calm on the outside. Haha. Thanks to phuminat and Midori. They're so nice! They make me feel at ease. So we start off with kids running through the door. Attendance taken and we start the activity that Midori planned for CNY. These papers that we cut out of red paper. Its nice and simple, easy for the kids to do and I'll upload a pic of mine when mine is done!

So first, Mrs. Kerr explains how to do the activity. Draw your art on rough pieces of paper and when the year 12's (us) approve of it. Copy on red paper and cut! Easy and simple, midori even gave many examples of what we can draw. Bull/Ox, Dragon, Gold Coins, Cherry Blossom....you know, the basic CNY deco. BUT SHE MISSED THE WORD THAT OCCURS EVERYWHERE DURING CNY. NOOOOOOO!!!! No worries, I will tell the kids who are nice and cute. hahhaa.


So after we passed around rough paper and pencils, the students draw. I see this cute girl staring at her paper so I go to her. She has no idea what to draw so i suggest THE word and SHE TAKES IT!!!!! yessss!!!! Her name is brittany and I like her already :D hahha. I was really happy, I was actually helping people feel better!! yessss....! this is another thing that I like. Anyway, another girl asks me again what to draw. I throw suggestions at her, cherry blossom? no. bull? no. pot of gold? no. lantern? ok. but what about the rest of the picture? emm.....so i finally dig out that she wants to draw a tiger. SHIT. she asks me how, and I really don't know. One more thing to brush up on, quick thinking and ARTISTIC ABILITY. I am artistic and creative ok! just not in the area of DRAWING. I do craft well. anyway, lucky its midori to the rescue!! she helps me draw the tiger while i go attend to her other little kids. a simple exchange that solves probelms. NICE. and I have to admit. most of them are cute and VERY CREATIVE. no annoying rumours are true! HAAAAPPPY.

hehehe. anyway, time REALLY REALLY flies. Working with the kids are fun. All you have to do is put yourself in their position, be hyperactive, want to make people laugh, show creativity yet do an impressive job. We have to understand them to work with them and when we do get down to their level, you'll thrive on it. being young and carefree is so refreshing! I LIKE IT ALOT! ^_^ can't wait for the next meeting!
But oh well, next week ther is a holiday. No art attack and.....midori asked me to plan the next activity! so gotta do my research! ciao ppl!

Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment