Monday, July 6, 2009

Pf - Family

050709

Today was a topic on FAMILY.
but mostly on fathers.

First Aunty Sherene (gues speaker) asked us how many of us had fathers as home. Kind of a sensitive topic because amazingly, alot of the families in our church have single parents or parents that are in an argument. Oh well, luckily, all had! and so things went on smoothly.

Then she talked on about the role of a father:
1. Head of the household
2. Money-earner (in simple terms)
3. Allocation of money
4. Decision maker

All the important jobs. But lucky she asked said that the mothers can INFLUENCE the decision making. haha. The father is the head but the wife is the neck that has the ability to control the head.

SO ANYWAY.
she then gave us a card. entitled "how to give my heart to my father"
isn't that sweet? Inside were instructions on how to show your father that you love them. anddddd.....here it is:

1. Ask for his advice
2. Listen to his counsel
3. Pray for him
4. Communicate with him
5. Stay under his protection
6. Express gratefulness
7. Help him with the things he is working on
8. Respect him
9. Please him
10. Love him

I really like number 5. haha. Anyway, after reading this I realise the importance of loving your father. He makes so many big selfless sacrifices for you and the family and yet sometimes we are unable to help him, show him respect and spend time with him for less of the time he spends working hard for us. :)
NOW I KNOW. and i will carry out.

Next, to put our thoughts into action, we each wrote a "love letter" to our father. including me! it was thoughtful.
My pap loved it when I gave it to him and I'm sure the kids dads




No comments:

Post a Comment