Monday, June 29, 2009

Football - 3rd Day

170609

I feel like we're getting more and more advanced. First we separate TOTALLY, then we merge halfway with the experienced, then now we go STRAIGHT into a joined game? CRAZY A?! lol. anyway. Playing with them freakily experienced younger ones teaches you stuff.

1st of all, I was made goalie. AGAIN. seems to be my destiny, so be it! well, today I met Shelby, Shaeny's sister and she is such a good defender that not many balls came through the defense line. But I did manage to block some goals from entering. :)

HOWEVER, I let a few of them in as well T_T This time I feel like, when the strikers get closer, I get more nervous and I feel like the goal posts are getting further apart! Man! its scary, and one thing I realised, I get drowsy on duty. LOL. not something that is good when you're a goalie! and my reflexes need some work so.....Gotta work on it more.

I think its about time I stop being a goalie, they promoted me to a defender and Shelby takes the goalie position. :) FINALLY. something new, and so everything in this area is just new for me. How to do it, when to run, where to run, what I aim to do. I learn that ok, first, you need to keep an eye on the rest of the defenders. Walk in one line, to that requires communication and make sure there are no extremely wide gaps between each defender. NEXT. goal is to kick ball away from enemy either out of the field or into an open space where our allies can get it. EASY? NOT REALLY. as I said before. My reflexes are slow! and so ok, at first I see the ball coming to me, I stop it and I literally stand on the ball and look for people to pass it to. WHAT AM I DOING?! this is a competitive game, not a luxurious game of passing the ball! so after a few more tries, I get the hang of looking while running, anticipating the ball coming and to whom i can pass it to.

Then, after getting over that one little bit, Mr Neild said that stopping the ball and then only kicking it would reduce the amount of force I could get on the ball, so he said, try jogging a little and kicking the ball or kicking it as soon it comes wobbling to you, no need to stop it. I tried it! and it worked! He said I improved :) :) :) what to do? Being a goalie may not be my only destiny after all :P

No comments:

Post a Comment