Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Badminton - THE LAST

290309

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. the last badminton for the month and i'm not continuing next month. Going off for hols and don't have time to attend 4 times a month.

So once again, we played and played till we dropped dead. Haha. At least i did, and i learned today that I was holding my racket wrong. You see, when u drop ur racket to ur side, the racket is supposed to be alligned such that all is in a straight line. The way i was holding mine.........it was bent inwards. And I was gripping the handle to high. @@ was I doing everything wrong????

Anyway, practice makes perfect, more practice and I think i'll nail all that. :D

ANOTHER THING. (wow. didn't expect to learn so much on the LAST day) I learned how to hit harder and slight smashing. Use body weight to hit (bingo! got it) which means lean back before you hit. use your body's momentum to follow through with the smash. And on smashing, I learned that before you hit, you have to keep your arm straight, pull back, and hit it down, ending with arm in straight position. and of course, with the flick of the wrist and downward movement of racket. TADAA. smashing made easy. YEA RIGHT. takes more than just theoretical help to get me smashing. I NEED MORE PRACTICE. and i will! :) with my church buddies.

so here's to last day of badminton! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment